CREATIVE WRITING / CONTENT CREATOR / GRAPHIC DESIGN
Do you think outside the box? Do you have guts, guts, and enjoy writing, designing, or mingling with A-listers? Want to create a portfolio of creative writing articles/designs with one of SEQ’s favorite lifestyle media? We are looking for contributors in all areas of lifestyle covering topics such as food, fashion, music, design, arts, culture, theater, film, technology, travel, health, fitness, beauty, inspiration, practical advice, reviews, interviews and pop. -culture. A sense of humor is required, and you must be driven, fun, and diligent. The future is bright, make sure you have the right shades!
The Good Guide (@thegoodguide) of Stardust Media(@stardust.media.agency) has offices in Brisbane (HQ), Gold Coast and soon in the United States. We are growing… will you be the next to join our team?
The Good Guide is South East Queensland’s favorite lifestyle medium. It’s more connected than the Internet and as essential as life! If you live under a rock, check out thegoodguide.com.au. It’s your new BFF with LOTS of benefits. 😉
Stardust Media is a digital agency offering our clients innovative, fresh and engaging digital media solutions through:
- Social networks
- Creation of websites
- lead generation
- Sales funnels
- FB + Instagram + Google Ads
- Copy + Content Creation
- Video production
- Graphic design
- Event management
- Digital influencers
- Augmented reality marketing
- SEO & Optimization
- Search Marketing
We have a fantastic opportunity to THREE talented, passionate and experienced writers/designers to join the herd (our team!)
- Role 1 – Brisbane Creative Content Curator / Lifestyle Features Writer (covering: lifestyle, food, fashion, entertainment, cinema, art, music, events, trends, digital marketing, etc.)
- Role 2 – Gold Coast (NNSW) Creative Content Curator / Lifestyle Features Writer (covering: lifestyle, food, fashion, entertainment, cinema, art, music, events, trends, digital marketing, etc.)
- Role 3 – Graphic Designer/Video Content (photo and video shooting assistant, creative designs, fun wallpapers, innovative illustrations, web design, custom posting, online and print ad curation). Will be given a lot of creative freedom.
You will work directly with the Editor/Art Director to create interesting and engaging written content suitable for a lifestyle audience that respects design, innovation, quirkiness and style.
ROLE AND FUNCTIONS (MORE DETAILS)
- Content creation: visual (graphic)
- Content production: on many channels and media – visuals, video, images,
- Copywriting: blog writing, content captions for social media posts, press releases
- Editing provided images and creating graphics/layouts
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals looking to get started in the social media and digital marketing space.
We’re laid back but professional, love what we do and don’t take life too seriously BUT we have a hell of a good time doing it! It allows us to attend regular events, have a drink on Friday afternoons and our office space is pretty awesome too!
You’ll receive great one-on-one mentorship throughout the experience and learn a whole new bag of marketing tricks to add to your growing artillery. The role is unpaid and would suit a marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or creative student.
Your ability to research various online sources and use your creativity to build relationships with influential bloggers, social media stars and publishers will be essential to this role.
Some of the weapons you will practice:
– Influencer awareness campaigns
– Email engagement and relationship building strategies
– Social media campaign management
– Community management on social networks
The right candidate will be able to allocate 8 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Planning platforms
- mail chimpanzee
- Intermediate – Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Some exposure to Adobe creative suite will be helpful but not essential (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Understanding of the principles of communication via social media and exposure to corporate social collaboration
ADVANTAGES OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- Flexible hours, but meeting a given deadline is vital.
- Work from home or one day at headquarters (or wherever you want!).
- You will be credited. Your name will appear in an author bio (dedicated personal bio with picture, fun spiel about you, links to credit you on any published article/interview). We want to help you build a portfolio of published work. Your work could be seen by over 1.49 million of our (and growing) cross-platform subscribers.
- Successful candidates will be trained in content creation, image research, uploading, writing, editing, SEO optimization, geotagging, social media campaign management, to influencer outreach campaigns, chatbots, augmented reality marketing, email engagement and more.
- When we hire, YOU will be considered as we vet our interns/contributors first (as long as you are consistent, within brand/tone guidelines and deadlines). We are looking to hire again soon…
- Obtain an internship certificate / written reference after 15 published articles. We’ve hired exceptional interns and helped former interns land INCREDIBLE roles around the world, depending on their portfolio with us.
- You have the opportunity to attend exclusive events, suave parties, movie premieres, fun previews, bar openings, art launches, festivals, cool concerts and much more . If that’s okay with you, you may have the opportunity to interview famous artists/musicians/actors/directors, etc.
- We have a writers camp for writing camp and organize your experience around your designated interests to help you achieve your goals.
- Reference letter at the end. The internship can be accredited according to the relevant requirements of the graduate degree
This is an unpaid position/internship for a period of three months (flexible duration depending on the successful candidate). You will receive a written reference upon completion!
- You will have a genuine and demonstrable interest in lifestyle, culture, food, etc., as above, and be familiar with writing for an online audience.
- Candidates with writing/design experience preferred
- You will receive regular movie tickets and other fun and awesome stuff. We also regularly organize team parties (= too much FUN!)
- You will be working from home and you will need a computer and an internet connection. Or you can come to the HQ office in New Farm, Brisbane where TGG has all the necessary equipment/tools/software, we have a kitchen with food/drinks available and ensure there is no disbursements related to the internship.
- You will need to work efficiently, be a good communicator and have flair
- You will need to be self-motivated and have a lot of creative freedom (with brand guidelines)
- We are ideally looking for a minimum of 2 pieces of content per week from each writer and 2 designs per week (max 5). Flexibility is offered to the right people. Can do it day or night provided you meet deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for those who want to develop their skills while being creative.
You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at digital publishing and add great value to your CV/portfolio. All articles written by you will be credited to your name. We want to see you grow and succeed. If you have any questions, we will answer them to help you develop your skills and knowledge as much as possible.
- Please send an email or cover letter explaining your strengths
- Let us know what role you are perfect for
- Submit at least one example of your written work/design
- The CV is optional. We can help you even if you have no experience but have the flair and the desire to write/create.
We look forward to hearing from YOU YOU YOU! Let’s make the magic happen, we want you to shine like the crazy shiny diamond that you are! We have hired several of our former interns for positions within our group.