For immediate release
Chicago, IL – November 19, 2021 – Zacks.com announces the list of stocks featured on the Analysts Blog. Every day, Zacks Equity Research analysts discuss the latest news and events impacting stocks and financial markets. Stocks recently featured in the blog include: Copa Holdings, SA CPA, Allegiant Travel Company ALGT, Spirit Airlines, Inc. SAVE, United Airlines Holdings, Inc. UAL, and American Airlines Group Inc. AAL.
Here are highlights from Thursday’s analyst blog:
Airline Inventory Review: Third Quarter Earnings Season Edition
Last week the Latin American carrier Copa Holdings reported impressive profits for the third quarter of 2021. Results were supported by optimistic passenger revenues, which increased 48.4% sequentially. Allegiant Travel Agency also made headlines, thanks to its impressive October traffic report.
In response to the increased demand for air travel, Spirit Airlines addition of non-stop flights from Manchester. United Airlines decided to add flights to meet the large increase in demand expected for the CES 2022 event. American Airlines resumed flights to India after a hiatus of almost 10 years.
Read the latest airline summary here
Recap of the latest best stories
1. United Airlines plans to add 44 flights to Las Vegas for the CES 2022 event seeing a slight increase in searches for flights for the big tech conference on its website. UAL management said a recent survey showed that 20% of the airline’s business customers expect travel for meetings and conferences to exceed pre-pandemic levels in 2022. .
Business travel showing signs of recovery is a big positive for United Airlines, which, like other US airlines, is seeing a persistent lag in business travel demand despite steadily improving demand for leisure travel following the coronavirus crisis. For the peak arrival days of January 3 and January 4, 2022, currently Zacks Rank # 3 (Hold) United Airlines will operate 81 flights to Las Vegas while on the peak departure days of January 8 to January 10, it will operate 109 flights. .
You can see The full list of Zacks # 1 Rank (Strong Buy) stocks today here.
2. Spirit Airlines expands its presence at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) with new non-stop flights to Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers, Fla., And Chicago International Airport. Tampa. The new flights complement existing Spirit Airlines services to Fort Lauderdale and Orlando from MHT, expanding its presence in Florida.
3. At Allegiant, scheduled traffic (measured in revenue passenger miles) in October 2021 increased 51.2% from October 2020 levels. Capacity (measured in available seat miles) for scheduled service was increased 27.8% from October 2020 reading.
With the increase in traffic exceeding the expansion of capacity, the load factor (% of seats occupied by passengers) in October increased by 11.6 points to 74.7% from the levels of the previous year . System-wide (including regular service and fixed-rate contract), Allegiant carried 51.4% more passengers in October 2021 compared to the level of the previous year. Compared to October 2019 levels (before COVID), scheduled traffic and capacity increased by 7.4% and 19.6% respectively.
4. Copa Holdings ‘third quarter profit (excluding 51 cents of one-time items) of 70 cents a share came against Zacks’ consensus estimate of a loss of 17 cents. During the period of last year, the CPA suffered a loss of $ 2.86 due to lower demand for air travel due to the coronavirus. Quarterly revenue of $ 445 million also exceeded Zacks’ consensus estimate of $ 420.9 million and increased significantly year over year, thanks to improved demand for air travel. in Panama compared to lows caused by last year’s pandemic.
Copa Holdings expects a capacity of 5.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2021, or 83% of the program carried out in the fourth quarter of 2019. The operating margin is estimated at around 12% in the current quarter. CPA estimates total revenue to be about $ 545 million in the same period, which is about 80% of fourth quarter 2019 revenue. Fuel price per gallon is expected to increase by about 17%, sequentially, in the fourth quarter. quarter to reach $ 2.50.
5. After suspending flights to India in 2012, American Airlines restarted operations in the country, according to a Reuters report. AAL has already started operations on the New Delhi-New York route and intends to begin flights on the Bengaluru-Seattle route in March 2022.
Zacks investment research
800-767-3771 ext 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The potential for loss is inherent in any investment. This material is provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any security. No recommendation or advice is given as to whether an investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investment in any identified and described securities, companies, sectors or markets was or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date hereof and is subject to change without notice. The views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the company as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or securities asset management activities. These returns come from hypothetical portfolios composed of stocks with a Zacks rank = 1 that have been rebalanced monthly without any transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual equity portfolios. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for more information on the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
More information on stocks: it’s bigger than the iPhone!
She could become the mother of all technological revolutions. Apple has only sold one billion iPhones in 10 years, but a new breakthrough is expected to generate over 77 billion devices by 2025, creating a market of $ 1.3 trillion.
Zacks has just published a special report that highlights this rapidly emerging phenomenon and 4 tickers to take advantage of it. If you don’t buy now, you could get started in 2022.
Click here for the 4 professions >>
Click to get this free report
United Airlines Holdings Inc (UAL): Free Stock Analysis Report
Copa Holdings, SA (CPA): Free Stock Analysis Report
American Airlines Group Inc. (AAL): Free Stock Analysis Report
Spirit Airlines, Inc. (SAVE): Free Stock Analysis Report
Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com, click here.
Zacks investment research
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.