The government of Tamil Nadu established the Tamil Nadu National Law University in Tiruchirappalli by law of the state legislature (Law No. 9 of 2012) in order to provide quality legal education. TNNLU started its operation from the academic year 2013-2014. TNNLU offers two five-year integrated undergraduate programs, one year LL.M. three-part program and a Doctor of Laws program. The institution is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Bar Council of India (BCI).
TNNLU aims to develop among students and professors a sense of responsibility towards society through an interdisciplinary approach to the study of law. TNNLU is a member of the Indo-Canadian Shastri Institute, the Institute of Corporate Secretaries of India, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Institute of Asian Law and the Indian Academy of Sciences. social (permanent member). TNNLU is also an institution attached to the Competition Commission of India.
Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav has been adapted into Tamil under the name Suthanthira Thirunaal Amudha Peruvizha (STAP). This is an initiative to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of India’s progress and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements. It is an embodiment of the socio-cultural, political and economic identity of India. STAP is specially dedicated to the people of Tamil Nadu and to the Indian people in general. As part of STAP, TNNLU will organize various events from October 2021 to August 2022.
About the event:
Seventy-five years of independence have seen changes in the roles of women and opened up various opportunities for their growth and advancement in independent India. However, the social hierarchies that women face still hamper their well-being and growth. Surrogacy is one of those issues where there is no clarity regarding the rights and responsibilities of the parties involved. In addition, there is no proper regulatory mechanism.
The Indian Contract Act of 1872 is considered the basic law relating to contracts in India. As we approach 75 years of independence, it is high time to analyze the connection between the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and surrogacy contracts from a feminist perspective.
This national essay writing competition is organized by Lot of 2025 students, who are currently pursuing “Contract Law – II”, as part of the Suthanthira Thirunaal Amudha Peruvizha (STAP) initiatives to commemorate 75 years of independence.
Subject of the essay
Feminist Perspectives on Indian Contract Law and Surrogacy in Independent India.
Registration and submission deadline – December 31, 2021.
Only the first 50 entries will be accepted. The winners will be notified by mail.
Undergraduate or postgraduate students pursuing any discipline at a recognized university in India.
No registration fees.
Awards and certificates
The 3 best participants will receive certificates of merit. The winner’s essay will be published in the next issue of TNNLU Law Review.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Co-creation is allowed.
- The format specified below must be strictly observed.
- File Type – All submitted files must be in .doc or .docx format with the file name “Participant Name-Event Name”.
- Body Text – Times New Roman, size 12, 1.5 line spacing, justified.
- Footnotes – ILI Rules of Footnotes, Times New Roman, size 10, leading 1, left aligned.
- Endnotes should not be used.
- Word limit of the essay (excluding footnotes) is a minimum of 3000 words and a maximum of 5000 words.
- All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- The body of the manuscript must not contain any personal data of the author, in order to allow anonymous filtering.
- Submitted work must be original and unpublished and must not be concurrently reviewed for publication elsewhere.
- The plagiarism limit must be less than 10%. The organizing committee reserves the right to use any plagiarism checker to verify submissions.
- Entries must be submitted through this registration and submission form alone.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to publish or not to publish the essays. In the event of publication, the author (s) of the published essay (s) would be notified by the organizing committee.
- Applications would be assessed on the basis of the following parameters: originality, relevance to the topic, consistency and content.
For any clarification, please send an email to [email protected] OR contact the student coordinator, Mohamed Adnan Sami S – +91 79045 65959.
For the competition brochure, Click here.