Thursday, November 18, 2021
Through Jaime Lees on Thu 18 Nov 2021 To 12:43
The legendary Whataburger fast food chain has expanded its market into Missouri. The first Missouri Whataburger opened at Lee’s Summit earlier this week, and a second location is expected to open before the end of the month in Independence, MO.
There will also be four more Whataburger locations in the Kansas City area by next summer. This is big news for hamburger fans and even bigger news for job seekers – the chain plans to hire 400 employees before the end of the year and an additional 1,000 employees as the year ends. as the sites get bigger.
“We’re excited to bring our great flavors, fresh ingredients and original recipes to Kansas City,” said Mike Garza, senior regional manager of Whataburger. “We look forward to growing up here and being part of the community. ”
If you’re heading to the area, here’s where you can find the new Whataburger locations:
- 1450 NE Douglas St. at Lee’s Summit – now open
- 18902 EUS 40 Highway – open November 29
- 8420 W 135th St, Overland Park, Kan. – open end of 2021 / beginning of 2022
- 905 Hwy 7, Blue Springs, Missouri – open early 2022
- 1921 W Foxwood Dr, Raymore, Mo. – open summer 2022
- 95th & Metcalf, Overland Park, Kan. – open summer 2022
Visit Whataburger.com for more information or to apply for a position.
Email the author at [email protected]
- Sign up for our weekly newsletters to get the latest news, things to do and places to eat straight to your inbox.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Support local journalism.
Join Riverside hours Press club
Local journalism is news. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves to have access to independent and accurate coverage of their community and state. Our readers have helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are very grateful for the support.
Help us maintain this coverage in 2021. Whether it’s a one-time recognition of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local reporting from our small but powerful team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $ 5 per month.